Here is what it looked like before behind our bed:
We now have a new platform bed with huge drawers built in and matching headband/bookshelf behind (no more side tables). I'm also changing out our pillows/shams too but for now, we wanted a collage above the headboard to get things going.
1st we took off the vinyl wording (loved it, but one dimensional and we've had it up for 4 years!).
Me and the hubs measured the wall space we had to work with and laid out our pieces on the floor. Oh and power tools :)
First up was this awesome mirror I found about 3 years ago and used to live in our Master Bath.
Next, we hung up our wedding picture. It has long been in our hallway outside our bedroom but I decided to give it a new home. I really felt like we needed a nice picture of us in the room, because let's face it, the rest of the house will belong to my boy's cute little faces!
Then, I found this $8 basket at Hobby Lobby that I thought would look great hanging from the wall and balance out all the bright/crisp whites/silvers.
Then I painted a $.99 "D" in my favorite new color addition to the room..YELLOW!
We are not done with the collage. I want to add a couple other small pieces but its a start and MUCH better than before :)
Now, looking for your opinion on pillows/shams....We are bringing in lots of color through the pillows because the bed and bedding is all white. Let me know your thoughts, PLEASE!
Option Combo #1
Option #2
Option #3
Also here are a couple other accessories in our room so you can see where we're going:










2 comments:
I said "OOOHHH" to all of them, but OPTION 3!!
option 2! option 2! loooove green adn yellow. that's what i'm doing in my basement :)
Post a Comment