home about blogs tutorials shop sponsor

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Car Seat Canopy Tute

Here is a fun, easy afternoon sewing tutorial for you.  It is a  Tie-On Car Seat Canopy that can be customized so many ways to make it unique for you and your babe.   

You only need 2 yards of fabric and about 1 1/3yd- 2yd coordinating grosgrain ribbon. I used 2, 24" strips of grosgrain ribbon. If you want your ties longer then use closer to 36". Completely your preference.

Here it goes:






 Sorry, forgot to take close up pic of the top stitching, but just top stitch all the way around (I used a 3.5 length stitch on my Janome machine and about 3/8" seam allowance)






And here is my fabric and ribbon for the next one I'm making....LOVE!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE that green car fabric!! Where did you find it?

Ellie said...

Fatquartershop.com
They had it 50% its usually real expensive bc its "designer" :)I so I jumped on it!

templetonsn said...

I loove this! This is so going to be my next sewing project.

Thanks so much for sharing :).