home about blogs tutorials shop sponsor

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Tree Hand Art

Here is another small project we've put together for Lincoln's room. Its another quick and easy tutorial that you can modify to match a kid's room or family room! I think it would be AWESOME in a playroom as well in multiple paint colors and your kid(s)' hands over and over again!

**GREAT Christmas gift to give those special grandparents!!
**Good holiday project with extended family in town!

Here is what I started with:
Click HERE to access the full page version to use
I was making our artwork to fit a 16X20 frame so this link above is the size trunk I used.  You need to leave room for your leaves (hands).  You may just have to play with it a little to shrink it down to fit your project size.  It's art so there is NO need to be exact. 

**********************************************
I cut the trunk out and traced it onto a piece of white poster board, then painted in the trunk with this yummy chocolate color:

**********************************************
Next I grabbed the hands of Daddy, Jackson, Grammie, Grampie and Pop Pop  (oh and me too).  What I found worked best is painting their hands with a sponge brush to get an even coat and placed them on the tree trunk.  Then I labeled each hand so Lincoln could know whose hands were on his tree.

 

********************************************
Here is what you end up with

Where do you think YOU can find a place for a special piece of artwork like this in your house?

No comments: