home about blogs tutorials shop sponsor

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Teacher Gifts on a Budget

Jackson has two very loving and caring teachers at his Children's Day Out program that he attends twice a week. I just can't say it enough about these ladies and how sweet they are to my boy!

I wanted to make them something special but of course stay on budget.  Here's what I came up with:

1. Sugar Scrub (includ. spice jar & felt bag, cost me $2.75)
I prepared a Candy Cane Hand and Foot Sugar scrub for each teacher. The smell of peppermint is oozing out of my kitchen right now! It is all natural, made with ingredients I already have in the pantry and smells DELICIOUS!  I have a couple different scrubs on hand in my fridge now at all times.
You can get your Year of Sugar Scrubs Recipe Ebook HERE.  Currently on sale too!!  I found some cute spice jars at good ol' Target to put them in. Then $1 felt gift bags :)

If you get the Ebook (which you SHOULD!), warning, you'll want to make every single one!  I particularly love the Fresh Squeezed Lemonade one for after I cut up onion and garlic! It leaves my hands smooth and silky!


2. "Snow" Candles ($3 each)
Got this idea from a friend and Pinterest! You spread mod podge on each candle and then roll the candle in epsom salt in a old pan/tray. I didn't plan ahead so well, so I used school glue and rock salt.  The epsom salt would work MUCH better because it isn't as heavy as rock salt, so next time...

If I knew homemade mod podge was so easy and quick/simple to make I would've whipped it up. All you do is use school white glue AND water. Costs about $2 instead of more like $8 for the pint size in the store!



Mod Podge in a Pint Jar (Matte)
Fill jar 1/2 way with white glue
Then fill remainder of jar with water
Shake Well (apparently it takes quite a bit of patience and time)
It will have a Matte finish.

3. Wine Charms ($9.25-$14.00)
One teacher LOVES Texas A&M and the other loves her Bunko group so I got these cute and unique wine charms from my mother's Etsy shop.  (Shh..don't tell her, I don't think I ever paid her!)  

Become a fan on FACEBOOK too! Her shop will close Dec 14th until after the holidays and she only has ready to ship items listed right now (sorry, she's coming to visit ME!) but you should definitely favorite her shop.  
She is SUPER speedy and has some really cute and unique charms for sports fans/teams, wedding parties, &  holiday themed, etc.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Very cool! Love the sugar scrub ideas! AL has just passed this strange law in which teachers/public officials cannot receive presents in which they can make a profit off of for themselves... So, it is either things for their classroom or homemade items. So, thanks!!

Tys said...

Hey those candles look neat... almost cake like in a way :)